Coastal Path

Coastal Path

Sunday 8 April 2007

Day 15 Trevine to Aber Mawr 6.1 miles

Easter Sunday welcomed us with guess what? Bright sunshine in a cloudless sky! We all got up and had a light bite for breakfast before we went to the Easter Sunday service down in Dale village. The vicar is a lovely man and was in excellent voice for "Rolled the Stone away". Back to the house for an egg hunt, followed by a Polish Easter breakfast of cold meats, hard boiled eggs and cold salad dishes. We then packed ready for our next move to Newport. Once packed we all went to Trevine where I left the car at about 2pm and started the afternoon walk. Andy and the boys started the walk with me for about 1/4 of the way before they turned back. I then continued on my own whilst Andy took Pat and the boys onto Aber Mawr. Once again the views were beautiful and it was great to see so many people out and enjoying the countryside at its best. There was one beautiful point where the headland fields were just covered in bright little daisies amongst the fresh cropped grass which young lambs were playing in. Ahead of me the rising coastline kept reminding me that I had got some harder walking yet to do over the remaining days. I tried to put this to the back of my mind and just enjoy such another lovely day. It didn't take long before I arrived in Aber Mawr where I met Pat, Andy and the boys and shared a flask of coffee and some easter chocs. We then collected my car so that Pat and I could drive onto Newport. It was hard saying goodbye to the boys as they have come so far with us and we have all enjoyed each others company. Pat and I arrived at Newport at just after 6pm and were given a very warm and friendly welcome by Marc & Helen. They live in a fantastic spot called Penrallt Farm where they have a new working art studio which they have just opened to the public. (www.thestudioatpenrallt.co.uk). The views here are incredible and I am sure are quite inspirational to them both. They made us a lovely meal which I enjoyed but I seemed to be the only one eating plenty of seconds. They said I needed to keep my energy up but I think I just enjoy my food! Well I had better sign off as I have an early start tomorrow as I plan to try and walk the 13 miles from Aber Mawr to Goodwick, all being well. Marc has kindly offered to help with transport which is very kind of him and a huge help especially with such a long day scheduled. Goodnight and happy Easter to all our family and friends from Liz & Pat

2 comments:

R Wreyford said...

Happy Easter Liz,
Great to hear you are doing so well. Hope the sun continues to shine on you until you finish your travels. Back home today having spent the night with Rachel.
Lots of love
Sarah (and the rest of the Wales family) XX

R Wreyford said...

A Bloggers Comment
Being new to the blog scene, I have to say its great to be able to read all about this walk and what Pat & Liz have eaten, seen and met. However, having seen you both in action, what I would like to hear about is how many hours of conversation you managed without drawing breath, how many plasters you now have on each foot, whether you packed your shewee and perhaps some mega embarassing tales. I'm sure anyone reading these bloggs could perhaps offer some questions to keep you busy, such as when is The Fishguard and Goodwick Fine Food Fair? You're in the last few days so keep up the pace and focus.
Very proud of you.
Love Rachel.