Coastal Path

Coastal Path

Sunday 15 April 2007

Now it is Over

Pat & I travelled back to Herefordshire on the Friday afternoon. Pats' foot is still not brilliant but she has been told that she will need to see her GP on Monday to see if they can say what exactly is wrong with it. She has been a real inspiration to me and I know she was very disappointed that she could not walk the remainder of the path after having walked so far. To do over 100 miles day after day is a real achievement and I hope she is still proud of what she has done. I wouldn't have even attempted the walk without her as many people said they would like to do it but no one apart from Pat said that they would actually do it with me, though I know that for many it was the time pressures of work and family commitments that prevented them.
Once back home everyone has commented how well I look and to be quite honest I feel really well. I feel that the walk has helped me not only to get stronger and fitter these last 3 weeks but it has enabled me to walk away from my illness and come home, as the person I was, before I was diagnosed with cancer. Everyone has been so welcoming, especially at church today and the readings for this Sunday in Easter matched perfectly how I feel at the moment - (Acts5 vs12-16 and then the response Psalm 117 Give thanks to the Lord for he is good, for his love has no end). Pat and I feel that we were truly blessed in so many ways on our "incredible journey" and it has strengthened our faith and taught us to trust in God even more, especially when we had to confront our fear of heights!
Now, Pat & I have to gather in our sponsorship money and work out how much we have collected. People have been incredibly generous but I know that it is not just our walk but the cause which so many people wish to support. I will update the blog once Pat and I know exactly how much we have raised and I will try and post a few of our own photos once my teenager has shown me how to do it!

No comments: