Coastal Path

Coastal Path

Monday 19 March 2007

Last training Monday

Woke to cold weather with snow flurries, strong winds and wet ground. Quite different from the weather we had last week. Wrapped up well and met Pat to go out training just after 9am with my youngest sister. Pat and I didn't fancy the sea of mud she took us through last time so instead she took us another route up the hill at the back of her house. We avoided the mud by having to walk up a logging track which was very wet and then scrambling the last few yards up the top nearly on our hands and knees! Pat and I were both worried as at this late stage we didn't want to slip and injure ourselves in any way but my sister assured us we would be fine - which we were, much to our surprise! We then walked along the ridge and to the top of the 50 steps which we then went up and down twice before heading back for a warming cup of tea. We would have done more but my sister had to be elsewhere for 11am and Pat and I needed to get back and start getting things sorted ready for packing.

No comments: